Friday, April 29, 2011

DAY 6: MORE OF PROVENCE



Some of us had dinner in the Restaurante Napoleon, named after the street it was on. This was away from the waterfront, in Cassis, so it was cheaper. I got just about all I could eat, seafood & other things, for E14.00, including desert. This is a photo of Don & the chef. If you ever go to Cassis, walk up about 2 blocks from the harbour, and you will get a great lunch here!



We were in a small boat for the Calanques, and the water was rough, so i did not get a lot of good photos. this one shows Bridget, hanging on for ddear life, and some of the other folks in the background. It was rough!



The Calanques are a series of 3 fijord-type inlets just west of Marseilles. The boat trip starts in Cassis. this is one of the pieces of rocky shoreline we saw, but it was too rough to really enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

  1. Hi everyone! I had so much fun traveling with you all. I hope you are well rested and enjoying a less expensive coca-cola. :)

    I would love to see your pictures if you are willing to share. I would like a varied selection to share with my class. rebecca.sketch@dpsnc.net

    ReplyDelete